Regulation E Disclosure (Electronic Funds Transfer – EFT)
Business Debit MasterCard (the “Card”) Terms and Conditions
In consideration of UNITED SA Federal Credit Union (“UNITED SA”) issuing to me a UNITED SA Business Debit MasterCard (the “Card”), I hereby agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions upon signing the credit union’s Application for the UNITED SA Business Debit MasterCard or my using the Business Debit Card issued to me.
Purpose of the Business Debit Card: The business debit card may be used to purchase goods and services any place your Card is honored by participating merchants. Funds to cover your Card purchases will be deducted from your business checking account. If the balance in your account is not sufficient to pay the transaction amount, the credit union will not pay the amount and may terminate all services under this Agreement. You may use your Card and PIN (Personal Identification Number) in automated teller machines of the credit union, ATM Networks and such other machines or facilities as the credit union may designate. At the present time, you may also use your Card to: (1) Make deposits to your business savings and business checking accounts, (2) Withdraw funds from your business savings and business checking accounts, (3) Obtain balance information for your business savings and business checking accounts, (4) Make POS (Point of Sale) transactions with your Card to purchase goods and services at merchants that accept Debit MasterCard utilizing the available funds in your checking account, (5) Order goods and services by mail or telephone from places that accept Debit MasterCard.
ATM Transactions: The Card, along with the PIN may be used in any UNITED SA-owned ATMs without a fee to perform the following functions: withdraw from your business savings, business checking or Line of Credit; deposit to your business savings or business checking account; make loan payments; transfer from business checking to business savings; transfer from business savings to business checking; transfer from Line of Credit; transfer loan payments; inquire for business savings and business checking balances (amount available to withdraw only).
Other ATM Networks: The Card may be used at any PULSE or CIRRUS ATMs or networks with reciprocal agreements or associated networks with a fee after the first four foreign ATM transactions each calendar month for cash withdrawals, balance inquiries and transfers only. UNITED SA-owned ATMs also accept debit and credit cards displaying the PLUS logo.
Purchases: The Card may be used to purchase goods and services at any retail establishment (“Merchant”) where: the PULSE or CIRRUS logo is displayed for POS transactions and/or the MasterCard logo is displayed and Debit MasterCard is accepted by such Merchant. All purchases made with the Card will be deducted from your business checking account. You understand that the Card is not a credit card. Whenever the Card is used instead of cash or checks to make a purchase from a Merchant displaying the MasterCard logo and accepting Debit MasterCard – whether or not you are required to use your PIN to make the purchase – the amount of the purchase shall be debited directly from your business checking account. You also understand that all purchases constitute a simultaneous withdrawal from your business checking account, even though the purchase might not be paid by the credit union from your business checking account until a later date. Additionally, Merchants may be required to receive authorization from the credit union for certain purchases, which you make. You acknowledge that the credit union is under no obligation to authorize purchases when there are not sufficient funds available in your business checking account.
Receipts and Verification: You will receive a receipt for each transaction made at an ATM. Each monetary transaction will also appear on your monthly credit union statement. Deposits are credited subject to verification and collection. To protect the security of your accounts, do not leave your receipt at the ATM when you complete your transactions. In addition, ATM transaction limits may be imposed by UNITED SA to protect the security of your accounts.
UNITED SA reserves the right to change the BUSINESS DEBIT MASTERCARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS and to implement any charge for services at any time, upon proper notification to members.
Signing the Card: The Card must be signed immediately upon receipt. You acknowledge that in using the Card at any Merchant, which displays the MasterCard logo and accepts Debit MasterCard for purchases of goods and services, that you may be required by the Merchant to sign a sales authorization slip to make a purchase. In that event, comparison of your signature on the back of the Card may be used by a Merchant as a means to verify your identity as the owner of the Card. You also acknowledge that in making such purchases you may not be required to use your PIN to conduct the transaction.
Your Liability For Unauthorized Transfers and Advisability of Prompt Reporting:
If You Should Lose Your DEBIT CARD: If your card is lost or stolen, notify UNITED SA at once or the available balance in your account could be in jeopardy. The quickest way to notify us is by telephone. Call the UNITED SA Headquarters Monday through Friday, during business hours at (210) 561-4500 or toll-free, at (800) 531-8456. After hours, call (800) 528-2273. You may also send the information by fax, (210) 561-4503, or by writing us at UNITED SA Federal Credit Union, 5500 UTSA Boulevard, San Antonio, Texas 78249. When applying for replacement of a lost or damaged card, a new PIN will be issued.
1. For Point of Sale Transactions with Debit MasterCard: If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen, you will not be liable once you notify the credit union that someone may or has used your Card or PIN without your permission. Inaction on your part could cause you to lose all the money in your account. The liability limitation does not apply unless a) you exercised reasonable care with the Card, b) you have not reported two or more incidents of unauthorized use on your account within the preceding 12 months, and c) your account is in good standing. In those cases, if the transactions in question were processed by MasterCard International, your liability will be zero. Otherwise, your liability will be determined under the standards set forth below for all other unauthorized transfers.
2. For All Other Unauthorized Transfers: If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you limit your liability to $50.00 if someone used your Card or PIN without your permission. If you do not tell us within two business days of the loss of the Card and/or compromise of your PIN, your liability could be as much as $500.00.
3. If any of your statements show fund transfers that you did not make or authorize, tell us at once. If you DO NOT tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not be reimbursed any money you lost if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from wrongfully taking the money if you had told us in time.
4. In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers: Call, write or fax us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. Tell us your name and account number; describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and tell us the dollar amount and date of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, you must confirm your complaint or question in writing to us within ten business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a Point of Sale transaction or foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your account within ten business days for the amount you believe is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after our investigation is complete.
3. UNITED SA Liability for Failure to Make Transfers:
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. For instance, we will NOT be liable:
1. if, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfers,
2. if the transfer would exceed any established credit limit (Line of Credit, etc.),
3. if the ATM was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you began the transfer,
4. if the ATM where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash,
5. if circumstances beyond our control (fire, flood, power outages, etc.) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken,
6. if your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting such,
7. if your PIN or DEBIT MASTERCARD is reported lost or stolen and/or,
8. if we are holding uncollected funds in your account and the transfer would require use of those funds.
There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
4. Right to Revoke or Stop Payment of Pre-Authorized Debits/Electronic Transfers:
Automated Clearing House (ACH) rules allow members to permanently stop/revoke (all future payments) previously authorized recurring electronic debits to their accounts. However, the member must notify the ACH originator (company that is debiting the account) to do this and must abide by the notification requirements of the contract signed to allow these automatic electronic debits.
Members may stop payment (one payment) on a previously authorized recurring electronic payment (ACH debit). The member must notify UNITED SA at least three business days before the scheduled debit in order to provide UNITED SA sufficient time to act on the stop payment request. The member must supply sufficient and accurate information in order for the credit union to identify the payment to be stopped. UNITED SA will not be held responsible if the ACH debit posts to the member’s account due to receipt of inaccurate information.
UNITED SA will accept an oral stop payment order. However, the member must complete, sign and return to UNITED SA a written ACH stop payment order with 14 calendar days. The oral stop payment will not be effective after that date if the written order is not delivered to UNITED SA within 14 days.
The stop payment order will remain in effect until the earliest of the following occurs: 1) a lapse of six months from the date of the stop payment order, 2) payment of the debit entry has been stopped (one payment only will be stopped; any others received after the first one will be paid), or 3) the member withdraws the stop payment order (withdrawal must be in writing) and UNITED SA has reasonable time to act on it.
5. Right to Receive Notice of Varying Amounts:
If these regular payments vary in amount, please have the person or agency to whom the payment will be made notify you of the date and amount of each payment ten days before it is scheduled to occur. You may choose instead to receive this notice only when the payment would be larger than the regular payments.
6. Illegal Transactions:
You agree that you will not cause or allow your debit card or PIN to be used in any manner or for any transaction that we believe poses an undue risk of illegality and we may decline to authorize any such use or transaction.